Notes IV

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Jan 22 18:04:20 PST 2008

bearophile wrote:
> Bill Baxter:
>
>> downs wrote:
>
> You may comment my original post too, beside commenting the comments written by downs...

Sorry, didn't mean you no disrespect by that.

>> My #1 typo is writelfn().<
>
> That's why I use put/putr (as in Ruby, I think) in my d libs. "r" stands for "return". Shorter, simpler to write, and clear ;-)

Sounds good.  I'd vote for that in the standard library. Then maybe
putraw and putrawr for the non-formatted alternatives?  What does ruby
do for write and writeln?  I guess those could stay as is...

>> Real tuples with a nice literal syntax would get
> used a billion times more than any comma sequencing thing.<
>
> See Fortress language for better sequence literals than (..., ..., ...)

Like what?  Or is it some funky symbols that can't be posted here?

--bb