Polishing D - suggestions and comments

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 02:19:29 PST 2008

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Daniel wrote:
> > Walter Bright Wrote:
> >> I sent the source to the site to Daniel. Let's see what he can do
> >> with it! The look is controlled by just two files - style.css and
> >> doc.ddoc (which has all the macro text).
> >
> > I'll certainly take a look when I get home.  At the moment, it's
> > 11:38 am and I'm at work.  : p  I'm currently in need of a breather
> > to work out more theory behind my parser/interpreter; so this just
> > might do it.
> >
> > After I've read the files, I shall focus on first things first;
> > getting the comments inlined into the documentation page, collapsable
> > and clearly indicated as just comments, and then writing a comment
> > post form generator in javascript (which hides it from spam web
> > trawler scripts)
> >
> > Ideally, comments should be visible both on the page and in a
> > centralized place, and possibly with an RSS feed.  Who disagrees?
> > Preferences?  Other features?
>
> The whole look of the site is controlled by two files, doc.ddoc and
> style.css. Can we start with something more modest and just update them
> to give the site a better look?

Walter, I've read the code you have to generate the website.  I'm usually quite blunt, so please excuse my saying that you've used an axe to pound in a nail.  You're welcome to say the same about my interpreter as long as you offer to help.  ; )

I shall endeavor to use your existing system and see what I can do about the look.  I'll send that to you and we shall progress from there.

Regards,
Dan