Polishing D - suggestions and comments

Dan murpsoft at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 07:08:46 PST 2008

Dan Wrote:

> Walter Bright Wrote:
> >Dan Wrote:
> > > I shall endeavor to use your existing system and see what I can do
> > > about the look.  I'll send that to you and we shall progress from
> > > there.
> >
> > Thank-you.
>
> Just so nobody shoots me, I was *asked* to do the look first.  : )
>
> The first layout/imagery iteration has been sent to Walter and looks uncannily like forums.aw8.net because I was trying to.  The imagery *is* all from-scratch.
>
> I want more feedback from Walter before investing more time in any direction.
>
> I'm thinking to:
>
> - possibly making it feel less glowy/fuzzy/round
> - get it from blue to carbon-pattern dark-grey, white, orange and red.
> - trimming the 18kb image size
> - adding white square tabs/drop downs at the top, each containing one of the left sidebar sections.
> - integrate it into Walter's macro system.  : )
>
> More importantly, what is Walter thinking?
> Off to bed, it's now 11pm.

I couldn't sleep.  The thought crossed my mind that I had entirely the wrong idea - that I should just be making some small stylesheet changes to make the current site look a little prettier, not a complete freakin' redesign.

That and my wife started snoring.

So, I'll be back with a few more trivial changes to the existing site instead; and I'll stop posting to the forums every time I have anything at all to say.  : p