Polishing D - suggestions and comments

Jarrod qwerty at ytre.wq
Sat Jan 26 04:45:49 PST 2008

Well okay, valid points there and I never really said the opposite. But
Walter does in the end decide what Phobos is, and he will be "The Guy"
who decides to incorporate/replace/ignore the tango effort.
So it makes sense to appeal to him for this issue.

> Personally, I don't think a standard library must have every bell and
> whistle.

Indeed, but surely you can't ignore many of the numerous advancements of
tango and shrug them off as 'extra bells and whistles.'

What bugs me overall is not the rift between features on either side, but
rather the incompatibility issues. Unless there is a merge, there will be
two standards.. Which is clearly an oxymoron.

A merge could get the Tango team to work with Phobos too, so everyone can
help it advance. Hey, it worked real well for compiz and beryl.