parser generator in d

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 14:15:47 PDT 2008

llee Wrote:

> Does any one know of any parser generators for D? I'm linking against c files generated using bison, and while this works, It would be better if D had support for complex parsing tasks.

Besides the ones already mentioned, there's also this marvel of
CTFE/template meta-programming that doesn't require any separate
generation step (you put the BNF grammar right into your source file):
http://www.dsource.org/projects/scrapple/browser/trunk/dparser

IMO, it's the coolest ting I've seen in D, but it'll bloat your compile-times
to a few minutes if you use a complex grammar.