Compiling DMD parser?

Markus Koskimies markus at reaaliaika.net
Sat Jul 12 21:33:54 PDT 2008

Hi,

I thought that I could play around a little bit with DMD parser. I have
DMD 1.030 parser sources, and I made a simple makefile for just compiling
those sources (with gcc 4.3.1).

---
Some questions:

- These are C++ sources, not C sources, although the suffix is .c and .h,
right? A little bit sad, I thought that I could wrap the parser to D :( I
have not much interest playing with C++ at freetime...

- Are these files meant to be compiled alone without making modifications
to files? For example:

- In "attrib.c", if linux is defined, it tries to include mem.h from "../
root"; why not the one in the src/ directory?

- There is no such file that "id.h", which probably contains class/struct/
enum "Id"

- init.h does not include "hdrgen.h", while uses HdrGenState

---
How these parser codes are meant to be used? Am I missing something?