[D2] How to not full closure?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 16:01:49 PDT 2008

"Bruno Medeiros" wrote
> I wish there wasn't a need or desire to maintain 1.0 compatibility, and
> people would move to 2.0. The sole key to this being Tango of course. I
> understand you have good motives for not moving to 2.0 yet, but I hope
> those can solved quite sooner rather later. The D community has allways
> been divided in two camps, but never has the "rift" been so wide and
> hurtful as now. :/

We have tried.  D2 has too many blocker bugs for Tango to work properly,
otherwise, there would be a D2 port.

But even if this did happen, there is no way that Tango would move to an
as-yet-unreleased compiler and abandon efforts on D1.  And most likely, D1
Tango would continue to exist because some people simply don't like const.

I plan to move to D2 as soon as Tango can build with it.

-Steve