[~ot] why is programming so fun?

aarti_pl aarti at interia.pl
Mon Jun 2 13:58:16 PDT 2008

Walter Bright pisze:
> Gregor Richards wrote:
>> and so they think "Wow, given the extremely low odds that a protozoan
>> would appear by random chance, we must have been created by a higher
>> power!" Idiots.
>
> My difficulty with the higher power explanation is one is left wondering
>  how the higher power came to be. Did a higher higher power create it?
> And you know where that is going <g>.

This argument is rather easy to answer <g>, as it is based on assumption
that "higher power" has to have beginning. If you remove this assumption
your question would become pointless. (Christians claims indeed that God
has no beginning). Additionally you can ask similar question: what was
before 'Big Bang' and you have same problem to answer it.

Removing assumption about beginning of "higher power" shouldn't be so
strange. Materialists also formulated theories that universe has no
beginning. So why such theory ("matter is everlasting") is better than
"God is everlasting"? Maybe "natural" state of universe is 'spirit' not
'matter'?

I probably will not continue replying on NG, but if anyone wants to
contact me and discuss further - feel free to do it:

Marcin Kuszczak
aarti at interia.pl
www.zapytajmnie.com