[~ot] why is programming so fun?

Chris R. Miller lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 08:20:29 PDT 2008

Don Wrote:

> Chris R. Miller wrote:
> > Either way, we can bicker about religion all day long, and never get
> > anywhere because religion is a completely subjective topic.  It's
> > different because it's at its core it's a belief, therefore there is no
> > intrinsically right or wrong answer.   There's only the answer of the
>  > individual, which looses its "correctness" the moment it leaves scope
>  > of the individual.
>
> There is absolutely nothing subjective about it.
> Either there is a god, or gods, or there is not.
>
> Like the question, is there life on Mars?
> We can all have different opinions, but it doesn't change the facts.
> Just because we're ignorant of something, doesn't make it a matter of
> opinion.

While ultimately the truth is absolute, there is no way we have of scientifically proving the existence of God - probably due to his existence on a "higher" or otherwise undetectable plane.   Call it a dimension, heaven, whatever.  He's undetectable to our sensors, capt'n.  Perhaps if we remodulate the deflector dish?

Given in impossibility of scientifically proving God, all religion therefore becomes of the subjective matter.  Does that make sense, or is my reality distortion field showing?  ;-)