Adding D Editor Support

Georg Wrede georg at nospam.org
Sun Jun 15 15:44:35 PDT 2008

John A. De Goes wrote:
> If the error reporting is done through inheritance of the class
> 'Lexer', then they should obey the same general convention. Though I
> have no idea if the private part has an dependencies on the public
> part.
>
> Georg Wrede Wrote:
>> Ary Borenszweig wrote:

>>> But some errors are reported in the closed-source part... :-(
>>
>> What's their format? Do they ever contain file/line numbers?

Thanks, John, for the (attempt to) answer.

I may have been too sloppy with my post, actually I was implicitly
soliciting Walter's answer to this.

The proprietary part of the compiler (AFAICT) is from the legacy(?, and
still maintained) C++ compiler that Walter's written for years ago (and
which still is one of the fastest around, and especially, it's THE first
C++-direct compiler in existence (from what I've been told)).

Therefore any formats in the closed-source are (IIUC) definitely not
related to the open-source D-front-end. And very _specifically_, not
inherited _from_ the OS front-end.

Apologies for the diffuse target in my post, I was actually implicitly
asking Walter, although it may have appearaed like I was asking you (an
unreasonable question, if I ever saw one).