Spreading the word about D

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Jun 21 16:30:15 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley:
> I think word-of-mouth is really worth a lot, as long as you have a receptive
> audience.

>From what I have seen a surprisingly high percentage of the programmers I know know what D is, this is noteworthy.
But many of the younger ones are quite exigent: they don't want to touch the language because they think the std lib "looks like a "toy"", and maybe for the absence of a GUI toolkit in the std lib, etc (they are probably used to Java/C# and they think a worth language must have a high level of polish).

Bye,
bearophile