Spreading the word about D

Vincenzo Ampolo vincenzo.ampolo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 09:30:52 PDT 2008

Robert Fraser wrote:

> In what ways is Decent not "real" or "usable" and how can we address this?

Descent is the most advanced IDE (or better, eclipse plugin) for D right now, but it lacks 2.0 support (http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent) and it works on eclipse that is known to be slow, huge and fat. (sorry for my english).

IMHO, a good D IDE, maybe written in D itself, would be very good, but in the meantime Descent is the best choice.
Look at the KDE project: with the goal to build a good DE they made Kdevelop, a very good IDE for many languages (that also supports D in an early stage). After this basics they developed the DE.

Btw, i'm learning D in these days and my first application will be an IDE. And get the Descent code will be one of the first steps... I hope to do something useful for the community and for the people that work and develop new tools for D :)