Spreading the word about D

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Mon Jun 23 03:11:52 PDT 2008

Bill Baxter wrote:
> I think somebody tried that before, but to get google to mirror an NG
> you have to convince google it's a major enough NG to be worth
> mirroring.   Apparently they weren't convinced at the time.
>
> Certainly worth giving it another shot I suppose.  Eventually if enough
> people ask, you'd have to think they'd decide that it's easier to just
> mirror the darned thing than keep dealing with all the requests to
> mirror it.

I've sent repeated requests to Google to pick up the n.g. which they've
ignored. I've thought since that might not be a bad thing, as we don't
get a whole lot of spam here.

I like the reddit comment system a lot. I read it's open source now. If
it could be used in conjunction with the n.g., that would be ideal.

(In conjunction meaning that the reddit would be the "web interface" to
the n.g.)

The web interface used now sucks, but it is the only one we found that
would even work. It is open source, and anyone is free to try and
improve it.