request for moderation

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 12:03:00 PDT 2008

anonymous wrote:
> I use filtering.If it is perfect still I notice Andrei Alex stop posting.Soon Janice stop posting,maybe.Then who is next.
>
> The quote I disagree with: <<I've only seen this with Janice; they annoyed each other long in the past and have a habit of getting on each others' nerves,>> I think it is wrong to put simmetry between what Janice did and what Kris did.Janice made a mistake 6 months early.Kris is creating a personal attack, long and evil.

I was putting no symmetry (or asymmetry) between the two persons nor
weighing out who was wronged the other more.  That was not my object at
all (and really wouldn't achieve much either). Unfortunately, that must
not have been clear in my post?

I was bringing up what I considered a more serious situation in this
newsgroup in general.  The particular instance you mention plays a small
part in the whole drama... that's all.

Either way, I think we've determined how this group prefers to handle
this (that is: do nothing, filter and skip).  Those that don't find this
difficult to ignore can leave.  For you, I, and others, that might be
good advice.  It certainly seems to have worked for Andrei. ;)

If you do in fact use filtering, then I wonder why this was brought up
at all?  I guess the filtering didn't work?

-JJR