Memory Safety

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Fri Mar 21 17:31:39 PDT 2008

== Quote from bearophile (bearophileHUGS at lycos.com)'s article
> It's good to have a place like that where you are free to talk about all the interesting things you like :-)
> Java seems good in that regard :-)
> Walter:
> >since D is a powerful programming language even without pointers, it may be practical to define a safe
D subset. We are examining each feature of D to find the largest possible subset of the language that is
memory safe. Then, if this subset is itself a practical language, D can be a major contribution towards
eliminating malware.<
> So you need a tool to see if some D code is using just that subset, I presume this isn't too much difficult
to do.

Walter has talked about this before.  Search old posts in this NG for more info.  I'd point you at a post, but
it'd take me a while to find it and I'm on my way out of the office.

Sean