Const question

Graham St Jack grahams at acres.com.au
Sun Mar 23 15:51:31 PDT 2008

I have finally taken the plunge and moved over to D 2.x.

The experience is good so far except for a few problems with const (I
want const btw), the biggest of which is the tail-const issue for
classes, which is still an active area of discussion.

My question is more mundane - are there plans to fix the const-
correctness of things in the language and phobos, specifically things
like opCmp, opAdd, etc? I find I am having to cast away const in order to
use overloaded operators, which is very annoying.