What you use D for?

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Fri May 16 20:09:56 PDT 2008

Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> Given the
> speed of D's rising popularity and depending on the development time,
> your IDE might hit the market at just the right moment.

When I first started on a C++ compiler, there wasn't much interest in
C++. When it was done, I got lucky and it hit the market right with the
rising interest (and I believe that the Zortech C++ was a big factor in
that rise in popularity and C++ gaining critical mass). The competition
was caught flat-footed, and it took them years to catch up.

Which was great for Zortech, they made a lot of money.

If you wait for everyone else to get on the dance floor first, then you
have to share :-)