C++ vs Lisp

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat May 17 16:24:13 PDT 2008

Dee Girl:
> Simplest task was increment a value many times. On my computer is 3 times slow. Then tried simple functions like counting zeros in array of it. It was more 4 times slower. If I like this slow I code python ^_^

For those very simple operations numpy is probably faster than anything you can do in D... (you probably need assembler to go a bit faster).
But compared to Python and Psyco my D libs are generally faster or much faster :-)
My libs are designed to be flexible, despite not being as fast as normal D code. In the usually very limited spots where you need max speed you can use normal D code. delegates/functions are quite more flexible than the things you talk about. And closures even more.

> It is only that there is no central page. Or I can not find it. No description of all library. No links between one document and other documents. I get bored ^_^ In phobos I can easy jump from algorithm to conv or functional. Thank you, Dee Girl

I see, and you are right, I can fix this too (currently the "central page" is the one of the 'func' module, it introduces to the whole lib).

Bye and thank you,
bearophile