Some people to convert jdo2.2 to d ?

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Wed Nov 12 06:00:56 PST 2008

Aarti_pl wrote:
> dolive pisze:
>> Lars Kyllingstad Đ´ľ˝:

>>> There is DDBI, but I don't know if this is what you are looking for.
>>>
>>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/ddbi
>>>
>>> -Lars
>>

>> the ddbi progress is too really slow, difficult to look forward toĄŁ
>> data nucleus is more high-level like Hibernate.
>>

> ...and this high-level design is IMHO mistake. Especially mapping
> relations from db to objects.

I must agree with you. That kind of mapping is nice until you realize
some specific operation must really be super fast, and the only way to
do that is with a custom, super specific query... and then you start
breaking all that abstractions, and everything results in a mess. Pure
SQL, abstracted by convenient methods, is what I prefer. These methods
may return objects that represent entities.