How much time will D1 be around?

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Wed Nov 12 10:16:48 PST 2008

Stewart Gordon wrote:
> "Christopher Wright" <dhasenan at gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:gfeho4$2iuo$1 at digitalmars.com...
> <snip>
>> How about voting for bugs? That would be fair, and it would make sure
>> that the bugs that hurt more people get fixed faster.
>
> Bugzilla has a voting system, in which you basically vote for the n
> issues that you most want fixed, where n is a per-product configuration
> parameter. But it doesn't seem to be enabled on our Bugzilla.
>
> Walter - if Brad enables this feature, do you promise you'll take notice
> of it in the process of deciding what to fix next?
>
> Stewart.

My primary issue with bugzilla's voting system is that it's blind:
there's no recording of why it's important.  That said, I won't block
it's use if Walter and enough of the community think it's the right
thing to do.

Docs on the voting system for the version of bugzilla we're using
(upgrading is on my low priority todo list, but I think the voting
system stays the same):

  http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/2.20/html/voting.html

Later,
Brad