Tim M a at b.com
Sat Nov 15 20:47:44 PST 2008

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 12:06:33 +1300, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com>
wrote:

> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Tim M wrote:
>>> I think you're thinking of Java. Those guys are shit scared of public
>>> properties. Get & Set for everything.
>>
>> I never really understood the fear of that, either.
>
> Getters/Setters makes up for lack of 'const'.  Can't change it if
> there's no setters.  Also, setters are important for all of java's
> reflection systems, especially the IoC systems such as spring.
>
> Later,
> Brad

Thats not what I mean. I meant a simple property that should have
read/write access but has a get and set which do nothing extra. I never
meant for this sort of thing to start. We could argue for years the
advantages & disadvantages of get & set methods and still not come to a
conclusion. It's just not worth it.