Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 19:55:17 PST 2008

Christopher Wright wrote:
> On a more serious note, the standard library and available IDEs often
> have more to do with ease of use of a language than the language itself
> (assuming the language is reasonable).

I disagree. I still find D _much_ easier than C++ even though C++ has
tons of "standard" libraries and at least one passable IDE
(SourceInsight; don't get me started on VS). Similarly, I would argue
Ruby is easier than Perl, even though the latter has better
libraries/development environments. Oh, and ML vs Scheme... yeah, I
think the language has a lot to do with it.