How does D improve design practices over C++?

Paul D. Anderson paul.d.removethis.anderson at comcast.andthis.net
Wed Oct 29 13:22:06 PDT 2008

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Bill Baxter wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Walter Bright
> > <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> >> Janderson wrote:
> >
> > - The override keyword helps you make sure really overriding something.
> >
> > Been fighting with some bugs in C++ that would have been prevented by that one.
>
> Add the corresponding final keyword in then, too, which *prevents*
> overriding.

This is great.

I've submitted an abstract for an oral presentation on "Compiler-Assisted Quality" at an upcoming Boeing software conference. (I haven't heard yet whether it's been accepted.) I was going to ask for a list like this to help prepare the presentation.

The theme of the conference is software quality, which is why I had to give the presentation that dorky name. The presentations are not supposed to be vendor-specific so I hesitated to use "D Programming Language" in the title (even though D is free as in free beer) but I will be using D for all the examples. Thanks again.

Paul