Windows LDC

Christian Kamm kamm-incasoftware at removethis.de
Thu Oct 30 00:31:53 PDT 2008

>> So how is Windows support coming along?  Does it build smoothly with
>> MinGW now?
>>
>> --bb
>
> I think building for MinGW on x86-32 is somewhat supported and
> running...exceptions and inline asm still have some issues...hopefully
> these issues will be resolved quickly.
>
> Thanks,
> K.Wilson

Exactly. Elrood has managed to compile a working LDC on x86-32 Windows using
MinGW (he even provided binaries at one point) and since he hasn't reported
otherwise, I'd expect that its still working. LLVM-Windows in particular
was broken in LLVM trunk sometimes, but now that we're using the
2.4-release branch, it should be more stable.

However, in order for Windows LDC to make quick progress, we'd need more
Windows people who are willing to test, debug and fix things to try the
compiler.