D parser in tango or phobos

Bruno Medeiros brunodomedeiros+spam at com.gmail
Fri Sep 19 07:49:33 PDT 2008

bearophile wrote:
> Bruce Adams:
>> One of the first questions some people ask when
>> told about a new language is "what is it written in?"
>> If its not written in itself they ask why. If the answer is not compelling
>> they may walk away.
>
> Yet, probably 98% of programmers don't care of that. Like most programmers of C#, Java, Python, Perl, Lua, Ruby, Tcl, etc. I'd like to have a D compiler written in D, but there are more urgent/important things to do, I presume.

Yeah, but none of those languages are languages targeted as substitutes
of C++. D is. And yet the compiler software is not made in D, nor does
the language designer use it (extensively at least).
So, that's something that could be improved, and not just for publicity
reasons (having Walter program more in D would be a bit beneficial I
think, although I wouldn't expect any major enlightenment out of it).

But I do agree that there are other more urgent/important things to work
on first.

--
Bruno Medeiros - Software Developer, MSc. in CS/E graduate