What Scala?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Apr 2 17:24:05 PDT 2009

grauzone:

> To add:
> - How much you pay your Professor
> At least that's what I heard about Italian universities.

Yes, in the some universities of the south (and probably some in the center) this happens now and then. But it's much less common in natural sciences (because you have to know what you have studied in past courses to understand the following ones). And it's almost unheard of in my university. And about 60-70% of the teachers are good enough.
Students of the south that want a good university sometimes go to the center or north.
Then there are things like CEPU that help students face exams, and despite being legal they produce nothing good, just more ignorant people.

Bye,
bearophile