what are the most common bugs in your D apps?

downs default_357-line at yahoo.de
Sun Apr 5 23:48:21 PDT 2009

davidl wrote:

> Actually I'm not sure about what kind of bugs my d apps usually have.
> But I notice that the harmonia project(I now make it uptodate) gets the
> problem of integer overlapping(actually I find it quite hard to detect
> and fix).
>
> What's your opinion and experience?

I'd say it's forgetting to bind stack variables to a delegate literal, leading to subtle crashes later on.

This could be "fixed" by adding a short hash to every stackframe, then comparing that on external variable access (in debug mode). Of course, since 2.0 has effectively obsoleted this problem, there's little point :)