what are the most common bugs in your D apps?

Don nospam at nospam.com
Mon Apr 6 08:25:28 PDT 2009

Jason House wrote:
> Jarrett Billingsley Wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 2:24 AM, Robert Fraser
>> <fraserofthenight at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Null references/segfaults. Which could be 90% solved by non-nullable types.
>> Same here.
>
> I've had plenty of those recently. The argument that they're easy to track down is a myth. On linux, the cause the program to core dump and gdb support has been broken all year... It's even more fun when it takes 10 minutes of execution to reproduce it.

Me too. It's also hard to track down when in a Windows DLL.
Especially when it's timing-related and only exposed intermittently by
hardware.
Having just tried some hacking of the DMD source, I can confirm that
they're indeed really easy to track down when you're writing a compiler.
Unfortunately, not all situations are so easy.