Multithreaded I/O in the DMD compiler (DDJ article by Walter)

grauzone none at example.net
Tue Apr 7 03:44:44 PDT 2009

Why does everyone think "Ubuntu" when talking about Linux? I find the
Ubuntu desktop almost as annoying as the Windows one. Even worse, Ubuntu
feels like a Windows clone. Most of this is because it uses GNOME by
default.

If you really want to use Linux, don't use a crappy desktop environment
(they're all crappy), pick a small window manager (like fluxbox), and
live in the command line.

Neither user nor programmers should pretend that Linux is a Windows
replacement. It's different. You will be disappointed if you expect a
replacement. Actually, using Windows is better in this case.