Multithreaded I/O in the DMD compiler (DDJ article by Walter)

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Apr 7 04:16:55 PDT 2009

grauzone:
> Why does everyone think "Ubuntu" when talking about Linux?

I am ignorant about this topic, but I think the answers to your questions are:
1) Because it's one of the very few distros that seem designed by people that care a bit about ergonomics, usability studies, user interfaces, etc.
2) Because in it things seems to mostly work. It's able to recognize most of my hardware. I have tried few other distros with worse results.
3) Because it's famous. And the more famous you are, the more famous you get. Having a single famous linux distro is very good, because more people will try it, find its bugs, fix the bugs and improve the user interfaces, compile things for it, give server space for it for the updates, and so on.

Bye,
bearophile