Std Phobos 2 and logging library?

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:39:45 PDT 2009

Christopher Wright, el 10 de abril a las 16:18 me escribiste:
> BLS wrote:
> >Zz wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>Are there any plans for a logging library in Std Phobos 2.0?
> >>
> >>Zz
> >Why ask. Phobos is a one man show. In other word, Phobos is an ego-lib.
> >In case that you want something special, ask the tango folks. ( beside,
> >logging is avail. there for quite a while)
> >Björn
>
> It's at least a five-person show: Andrei, Walter, Sean Kelly, braddr,
> and Don have committed to Phobos svn in the past two weeks. Random other
> people have donated code to it.
>
> Granted, Sean probably only concerns himself with druntime
> compatibility, and Don is probably mostly concerned with std.math and
> related modules.

And Braddr just made a documentation fix, and Walter only commits
portability stuff and an occasional bug fix now and then, so...

Yes, it really looks like a five-person show =)

I think most work in Phobos now it's done by Andrei, there are other
*collaborators* (the four other you named plus people sending patches), but
it looks like Andrei's show to me. This is not necessarily bad, it's
definitely  better than before, when it was Walter's show, now at least he
can dedicate his efforts in the compiler and language and Phobos is having
a lot more attention.