Std Phobos 2 and logging library?

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Fri Apr 10 16:49:05 PDT 2009

Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Christopher Wright, el 10 de abril a las 16:18 me escribiste:
>> BLS wrote:

>>> Why ask. Phobos is a one man show. In other word, Phobos is an ego-lib.
>>> In case that you want something special, ask the tango folks. ( beside,
>>> logging is avail. there for quite a while)
>>> Björn
>> It's at least a five-person show: Andrei, Walter, Sean Kelly, braddr,
>> and Don have committed to Phobos svn in the past two weeks. Random other
>> people have donated code to it.
>>
>> Granted, Sean probably only concerns himself with druntime
>> compatibility, and Don is probably mostly concerned with std.math and
>> related modules.
>
> And Braddr just made a documentation fix, and Walter only commits
> portability stuff and an occasional bug fix now and then, so...
>
> Yes, it really looks like a five-person show =)
>
> I think most work in Phobos now it's done by Andrei, there are other
> *collaborators* (the four other you named plus people sending patches), but
> it looks like Andrei's show to me. This is not necessarily bad, it's
> definitely  better than before, when it was Walter's show, now at least he
> can dedicate his efforts in the compiler and language and Phobos is having
> a lot more attention.

We'll be very happy to integrate credited contributions from anyone, and
to give dsource.org write access to serious participants. What I think
right now stands in the way of large participation to Phobos is that we
all still learn the ropes of D2; the possibilities are dizzying and we
haven't quite zeroed in on a particular style. Nonetheless, as it's been
noticed I'm always summoning help from this group. So again, if you feel
you want to contribute with ideas and/or code, don't hesitate.

Andrei