Why not std.io instead of std.stdio?

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sat Apr 25 08:47:53 PDT 2009

While it seems acceptable to use "stdio" in "std.c.stdio", since we're
wrapping the C header of the same name, I see little justification in
repeating the "std" in the module name for "std.stdio". Why not change
it to "std.io"?

(same comment apply to other "std.std*" modules)

I first noticed the strangeness of this when I was new to D, but today
I mistakenly wrote "import std.io;", which felt more natural, is
shorter and reads way better than "import std.stdio;", which triggered
the question.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com