property syntax strawman

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sun Aug 2 10:39:25 PDT 2009

On 2009-08-02 12:32:16 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu

>> The point is not really the grouping of elements within brackets. That just
>> eliminates some redundancy. It can also look like the following:
>>
>> void empty.set(bool value) { ... }
>> bool empty.get() { ... }
>>
>> and have the same meaning as my earlier example.
>
> Yah, I was thinking the same. This is my #1 fave so far.

And as a bonus, it makes this look ridiculous:

	void popFront.get() { ... }

which means it won't get so easily twisted for use by functions with no
parameters.

The only thing that can get confusing is getting the address of the
setter and getter, because get and set aren't keywords and thus could
be defined by the returned object.

	&empty.get; // address of what?

--
Michel Fortin