Searching the digitalmars.com/d website

Ary Borenszweig ary at esperanto.org.ar
Wed Aug 5 04:39:27 PDT 2009

Sorry for brining this topic again, but there's something that really
worries me (not that I cannot sleep at night, but...)

Take this page:

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/function.html

There are some big headers there: "pure functions", "nothrow functions",
  "ref functions", "virtual functions", "Function Inheritance and
Overriding", "Function Overloading", etc.

Searching *any* of those phrases (without the quotes) leads to results
other than that page. Searching them with quotes further restrict the
results, sometimes resulting in none.

Maybe that specific page is not being indexed by that search box. But it
doesn't seem to be the case. I tried other random searches over other
page headers:

- "Linkage Attribute" in
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/attribute.html: not what I was looking for.
- "Properties for Floating Point Types" in
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/property.html: not what I was looking for.
- "Class Properties" in http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/class.html: not
what I was looking for.
- getVirtualFunctions in http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/traits.html:
found it.
- "Order Of Evaluation" in
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/expression.html: no...

I'm starting to think that some pages aren't being indexed. For example
in http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/expression.html there's this phrase:
"The following binary expressions are evaluated in an
implementation-defined order". When I search it, with quotes, it leads
to www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/.../std_algorithm.html (not what I was
looking for)

However, when searching that same phrase in Google (not the Goolge
search-box in digitalmars.com/d), the first result is the expression
page for D2, the second is the same one for D1, etc.

Should I report a bug for this? I wanted to discuss it here first
because maybe somebody knows what's going on...