reddit.com: first Chapter of TDPL available for free

Jos van Uden jvu at nospam.nl
Sun Aug 9 01:41:02 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/975ng/diving_into_the_d_programming_language_tdpl/
>

> (Don't tell anyone, but I plan to rewrite it.)
>
> Andrei

This doesn't compile:

string[] words = split(strip(line));

it has to be

string[] words = split(strip(line.idup));

I like the way you write, it's amusing. And most of the time, you
explain things well. But many of the code examples you provide
don't compile or don't give correct results (I also had this problem
with the Dr. Dobbs article). That makes me wonder if you actually test
them or just write them off the top of your head?

Jos