The path to unity [You ALL ignored my post!]

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Feb 7 02:14:21 PST 2009

Don:
> Are people OK with some of their code breaking for the sake of unity?
> For the math stuff, that would mean name changes on minor functions such as:
> isnormal() -> isNormal()

I follow the D standard, so I always use names like isNormal(), but they require the extra shift pressure, and sometimes they are as readable as the lowercase names. So often I'd like to see lowercase names, when possible (as in std.string). I don't like the use of C# of putting uppercase letters everywhere, it makes the code a bit more visually noisy.

Bye,
bearophile