OT -- Re: random cover of a range

Steve Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 15 07:03:28 PST 2009

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 19:10:05 +0000, John Reimer wrote:

> Hello bearophile,
>
>> (And my name is bearophile, thank you).
>>
>> Bye,
>> bearophile
>

> For those that see this as flamebait, I request that you do not respond.
>  I just felt somebody had to say something about this.  If this is
>  perceived
> to be libelous, I ask that you consider carefully how damaging your
> content is to others, and the feelings it might engender in its viewers.
>  Thus, you should recognize that this post merely elucidates on what's
> already evident.

I too did not find anything offensive on bearophile's site.

This is the same kind of attitude, John, that brought about the death of
Alan Turing.  I find this post is not flamebait, but simply intolerant.
Bearophile never brought his personal preferences or fantasies into this
forum, you did.  And that is not the way to do something like that.  I
can see your point that Walter or Andrei may not want D or phobos to be
considered connected to something that is controversial.  But just email
them and have a private conversation.  John, the fact that not a *single*
person who has responded to your posts shares your opinion should tell
you something.

If I posted a picture of Jesus nailed to a cross on my blog, along with
my D code, and somebody found it offensive, would you agree that I should
be forced to remove this picture because it depicts murder?

Bearophile's art did not hurt anyone or any animal, it is a *drawing*.
Let's get back to more constructive programming discussion, and leave the
bible study class at home, ok John?  If you feel offended by the link to
bearophile's blog, contact Andrei or Walter directly, and petition them.
It matters not what we think, but if anything you most certainly have
solidified in Walter and Andrei's eyes the case against your wishes.

-Steve