Any chance to call Tango as Extended Standard Library

John Reimer terminal.node at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 08:56:44 PST 2009

Hello Walter,

> John Reimer wrote:
>
>> Sounds exciting.  Hope it all works out.
>> It's especially nice to hear even a general statement of direction
>> here
>> now and again. So thank-you.  I know it must be tough slogging. :)
> I know I've been quiet lately, but that doesn't mean I'm not working
> on D. In fact, I've been spending more hours on it than ever. There's
> a lot of cool stuff coming!

Thank you much for the feedback.  I think the posts here are just a reminder
that dealing with the human element is just as important (if not more important)
than working with the design and implementation element... simply because
without the former, the latter can fall flat.

Perhaps I should have shown more restraint in my prior posts.  I've persisted
because I am really just hoping that you are aware of significance of the
problem you are facing.  The general silence on the matter makes things horribly
inconclusive.   At the same time, I don't like to be pushing a gloomy perspective
on it all, but this particular point is something that really needs defusing...
not with placations but with a clearly laid out game plan that shows you
have it all in hand.

I guess we'll see what 2009 holds and whether we can be as optimistic and
you and Andrei are. :)

-JJR