Any chance to call Tango as Extended Standard Library

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Mon Jan 19 16:42:11 PST 2009

== Quote from bearophile (bearophileHUGS at lycos.com)'s article
> Andrei Alexandrescu:
> > I know. Its popularity is part of what makes it dangerous. It's to good
> > programming what fast food is to food :o).
> I think that's a false analogy: fast food kills you slowly, while experience shows me that in many programs a significant
(large) percentage of lines of code don't need to be a the top performance.
> So a good thing to do in such parts is to use the most handy, easy to remember, safer (as in anti-bug-prone), and short
syntax/semantics you have. In the other small percentage of the code where performance is all important and/or you need full
flexibility, you can tolerate something less easy to remember and harder to understand syntax/semantics (that you may also
need to look into the docs if you don't know how to write).

This assumes that the easy approach is slow and the fast approach is
complex.  I'd hope that we could find something that's both easy and
fast :-)

Sean