Any chance to call Tango as Extended Standard Library

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Jan 19 17:05:20 PST 2009

Sean Kelly:
> This assumes that the easy approach is slow and the fast approach is
> complex.  I'd hope that we could find something that's both easy and
> fast :-)

I agree that certain times it's possible to have something that is both simple, safe, short and fast (but if that yield can be used for parallel iterations, then it may become slowish).

But here there's another thing to consider: you may also want something quite flexible (see the complexity of Range). This is very difficult to do, that's why I have suggested two syntaxes, one simpler than opApply that requires you no brain to use it, plus the Range syntax developed so far (that may need small improvements but I doubt I'll ever be able to improve a lot, because Alex is good).

Bye,
bearophile