Give me a break

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 10:55:48 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 01:21:58PM -0400, yigal chripun wrote:
> the lack of proper planning relates to everything:

I think D has proper planning. It has a unified guiding vision with Walter
Bright and Andrei Alexandrescu. And they discuss it in blogs and on this
newsgroup, which usually gets worthless replies.

Their vision is why Phobos 2 is coming together and why D isn't being
bloated with every useless feature mentioned in this group.

> blocking bugs that affect tango for D2

Which ones?

> licensing issues - everyone has his own prefered license and there is no central body to manage that

Yes, there is: Walter Bright. There is a GOOD reason why he asks for those
public domain statements for all contributions.

> lack of planning for the standard library user APIs - Andrei rewrote half of phobos - with no regard for integration efforts with tango, and so forth.

He rewrote it to all fit in to a unified plan. He made requests for comments
on this group several times.

If you guys want more involvement, stop spamming the newsgroup with false or
unsupported statements and irrelevant bullshit. Give the big names a good
reason to discuss technical subjects with you - an expectation that they'll
have to sift through dozens of noise posts isn't that reason.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net