Oh Dear

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat Jul 11 12:08:22 PDT 2009

Steve Teale wrote:
> Looking at the current crop of postings, it seems like people are
> staying off the subject of where D is going (we've had a lot of that
> lately, without any result), and concentrating on less and less
> important particulars.

Discussions about the bikeshed colors tend to generate lots of postings
because they are intellectually easy to participate in. That doesn't
bother me. What does bother me is that such discussions tend to result
in people digging in and hardening their positions to the point of
setting their whole D experience on their particular preferred bikeshed
color. More than once people have left D over such trivia.

The actual development work that I, Andrei, Don, Sean, etc., engage in,
however, remains focussed on the long term goals. I think you can see
this in the regular changelog updates.