new DIP2: Const code bloat

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 07:26:11 PDT 2009

Kagamin, el  9 de julio a las 09:46 me escribiste:
> DiP2 is here. Check it.
>
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DiPs
> http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?DiP2
>
> ps code markup is not very nice.

It would be very nice if you include at least the abstract in the mail, so
it's easier to discuss the DIP here.

And as bearophile pointed, the DIP is missing the author. I think a DIP
can't be taken very seriously without an author. I think a DIP author
should be committed to maintain the DIP (this doesn't mean that other
people can't update it) and do the requested changes to make the DIP move
forward to its acceptance.

As for the DIP itself, I didn't used the const system in D2 yet, so
I can't give a good opinion, but I think that adding a new kind of
pseudo-constness can be a little bloat. Of course, having to copy the same
code 3 times is much worse, so if nobody has a better solution for the
problem, I guess I can live with it =)