new DIP5: Properties 2

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+d at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:03:27 PDT 2009

Bill Baxter Wrote:

> I think it might also be good to have a two-tier system.   "DIPs in
> training" can be made by anyone on the wiki.  And then after some
> period of discussion, editing, and perhaps an informal community vote,
> *then* they can earn the official title of DIP and be moved to a
> different section of the wiki for DIPs that have significant community
> support.  Or at least which are agreed to surpass some minimal
> editorial threshold.  I think this could help prevent DIPs from
> turning into a Wiki form of the Eigenpoll.
>
> --bb

I think this can be accomplished by having other pages that reference no longer Draft proposals, e.g. Pending and Approved.

http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/Approved
http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/Pending

I thought this could be automated using folders, but that is not the case.