Two optimizations

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 20:13:33 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 4:51 PM, bearophile<bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
> High-level optimizations have to be done mostly by the front-end because the back-end usually doesn't know about the high-level constructs of D.
>
> So this is the right place to ask for some of such optimizations, while asking for them on the LLVM or LDC IRC channels is not the best thing to do (even if LDC developers usually try to do what I ask them, they are very gentle).

No, *bugzilla* and *the LDC ticket tracker* are the right place to ask
for such optimizations.  Here, I'll even give you some links.

http://d.puremagic.com/issues/
http://dsource.org/projects/ldc/newticket

If you continue to refuse to report bugs and requests through the
proper channels, you have NO RIGHT to complain about them not being
fixed.  You also run the risk of running afoul of the good graces of
the developers.  Please, just do like everyone else and file tickets.
It's not that hard, and you have given *no* reason why you don't do
so.