D Framework

teo teo.ubuntu.remove at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 27 23:37:33 PDT 2009

I have a proposal. The idea isn't new and is perhaps a bit boring, but
anyway.

In the newsgroups there are many comments like: "Can't just Phobos
disappear?" and similar. From other side the .NET Framework has a dull
name, but everyone can tell you that this is _the_ framework for the .NET
languages. No mistakes here!

And now the idea: why not name the standard D library after the language
itself - "D Framework"?

I can contribute the dframework.org domain. IMPORTANT! I can transfer it
to whoever wants to own it! So, Walter, just give me a sign.

I dream about a modern, multi-platform framework for D. I dream about a
tiny Runtime which can be used in embedded systems and a rich, modular
framework that can fulfill programmer's needs. You may call me a dreamer,
but the .NET Framework makes .NET successful... And it doesn't matter how
nice the language is, but without libraries you are always at reinventing
the wheel...

I love to hear your thoughts.