Source control for all dmd source (Git propaganda =)

Robert Fraser fraserofthenight at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 08:28:53 PDT 2009

Jérôme M. Berger wrote:
> - Here's the same for Mozilla:
> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/preed/2007/04/version_control_system_shootou_1.html

 From the article:
While they've made recent progress, Git was lacking in Win32 support and
it was unclear that this would ever change and if it did change, it was
unclear that Git-on-Win32 would ever become something more than a
second-class citizen. As good, performant Win32 (and Mac and Linux) is a
hard-requirement, Git lost in early Kombat rounds. This is unfortunate
because (as we would soon find out), lots of issues with the other
systems did "just work" in Git.

git's Win32 support via TortoiseGit is nearly as good as SVN's now, so I
can't see that being an issue here. So I'd say Git is a great choice for
the DMDFE.