LDC predefined identifiers

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 7 23:20:30 PDT 2009

Christian Kamm wrote:
> Brad Roberts wrote:
>> Thanks.  I've added them.  I'm not particularly excited about the way this
>> looks, but take a peek:
>>
>> http://www.puremagic.com/~braddr/phobos-
> trunk/2.0/version.html#PredefinedVersions
>
> Looks good to me. You've missed darwin (ldc only) though, while OSX works on
> both ldc and dmd. Shouldn't X86_64 and D_InlineAsm_X86_64 also be ldc only?

Fixed.

> I couldn't find it in gdc's documentation, but I think it uses freebsd,
> darwin and solaris and does not support the capitalized identifiers.

I opted to ignore GDC as it's update rate for way too many years has been all
but zilch.  I'd love to see it alive and kicking and re-joining the ranks of D
compilers.. and if it does, then we can re-address the list then.

I'm concerned at the differences just between dmd and ldc.  The multiple
capitalizations are just going to cause grief if/when people use the ones that
are ldc specific.

I'm also open to suggestions on how to better manage the last block.  It's a bit
of a mismash of random identifiers.

> By the way, a neater list of ldc's version identifiers is available at
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/ldc/wiki/Docs#Versions

I liked the use of the src, it wass more likely to be accurate. :)

Walter, any objection to me submitting the changes to version.dd or would you
prefer that I send you a patch to look at first?

Later,
Brad