D Wiki

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 7 23:29:46 PDT 2009

This has come up before and never really gone anywhere.  I've considered setting
up a new, modern, wiki for us to migrate to.  Prowiki has a number of
limitations that annoy me at least.  The biggest is it's history management
sucks.  Looking at what changed over time is either too hard for the likes of me
to figure out, or it's broken, or it just isn't available.

That said, I've only ever run one wiki package, mediawiki, and it was a pain in
the rear.  The debian packaging of it sucks.  I dunno if it's any easier to
manage just off the official releases.

Anyone have a wiki package they've actually run (not just used via the web
interface) that they can recommend?  An obvious one is likely to be Trac via
dsource.  I've considered it, but personally I'm really not fond of trac (sorry).

Would any of you guys volunteer to help migrate content to it if one should
spring up?  I'd be willing to be one of those volunteers, but there's a lot of
content and it really shouldn't be moved over exactly as is.  A lot of
re-organization should be done.

My thoughts were to put it at d.puremagic.com to subsume the entire site, with
the exception of /issues which would continue to be the bugzilla installation.

Thoughts?

Later,
Brad